Florida Lawyer For Out-Of-State Personal Representatives

The personal representative (executor) of an estate is responsible for paying the decedent's creditors and distributing the assets included in a will. Florida law states that a personal representative who lives somewhere other than Florida must be a relative of the deceased. This can include siblings, children, uncles, aunts, nieces, nephews and relatives through marriage such as a spouse or brother-in-law.

At the office of J. Kelly Kennedy, Attorney/CPA, PLLC, in Winter Haven, we work closely with out-of-state personal representatives to ensure that the estate administration process proceeds smoothly.

If you recently moved to Florida from another state or country, it is important to have a knowledgeable estate planning attorney review and update your estate plan to ensure that it meets all of the necessary Florida estate plan codes. We call this "Floridaizing" your documents, and we can tackle it for a small flat fee.

Most often, an out-of-state personal representative for a family member who lived in Florida will travel to Florida at least once for a memorial service and to get the decedent's affairs in order. A single trip usually provides ample time to meet with a lawyer to handle most estate matters.

If you live out of state and have been named as a personal representative for a relative who lives in Winter Haven or anywhere in Polk County, we will work with you to ensure that the probate process proceeds smoothly.

Whether you will be working with us long distance or you live near our Winter Haven office, we provide personal attention and all of the support you require to handle your estate planning needs. We pride ourselves on being easy to work with, efficient and effective.

Call 863-877-4723 or 888-415-5019, or email us to schedule a consultation or to fill us in more on your estate planning matter.